2. The human body shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour. Infact, so many of the dust particles you see under your bed actually comes frrom your skin.
3. An adult human has about 100,000 miles of blood vessels.
4. An average person produces enough saliva in a lifetime to fill two Olympic size swimming pools.
6. The sweat we produce is actually odorless but it is the bacteria on the skin that mingles with it and produces the body odour that we so commonly know.
8. It is well-known that every one has a unique fingerprint, what is not well-known is that everyone also has a unique toeprints and unique tongueprints.
11. The human eye has the ability to distinguish about 10 million different colors.
12. Imagine the human eye to be an actual and real-life digital camera, then that camera would have about 576 Megapixels!
14. The human brain alone use about 20% of all oxygen and blood in the body.
15. The human bone is composed of about 31% water.
16. There are more than 7 billion bacteria in the mouth alone.
17. The human heart everyday generates enough energy to drive a truck for 32 kilometres.
18. All the DNA's present in every cell in the human body will stretch for about 10 billion miles if uncoiled. That is the distance from here to Pluto, and back again.
19. The same enzymes that once digested foods in the human body will begin to eat the human body within 3 days of the death of that person.
20. The brains' long term memory can hold up to 1 quadrillion (1 million billion) seperate bits of information within a lifetime.
22. The human heart will pump about 1.5 million barrels of blood (enough to fill about 200 train tank cars) in a lifetime.
23. The human heart has it's own electrical impulse, this means that it can continue beating even if it is seperated from the body.
25. There are about 2.5 trillion red blood cells in the human body and the bone marrow produces about 2.5 million new red blood cells every second.
Equally about 1.6 million red blood cells die every second.
|Red blood cells|
27. A red blood cell can circle the whole body in less than 20 seconds.
28. A sneeze expells air (and other things) from the mouth at 166 km/hr and a cough comes out at 100 km/hr.
30. The human lungs inhale more than 2 million litres of air every single day.
31. The surface area of the human lung is equivalent to that of a standard lawn tennis court.
|Lawn Tennis court|
35. A woman would have released about 400 baby-making eggs by the time she is in her 60's.
36. At birth we have over 300 bones in our body but by adulthood we have only 206 bones, some of the bones would have fused together to form single bones.
37. The human ear can detect and distinguish several hundred thousand different sounds.
39. The human eyes actually never grows, it is the same size from birth to adulthood.
40. All human babies are color blind when they are born. They only see in black and white.
42. Men have more blood in their body than women.