3. The amount of Melanin in the Iris determines the color of the eyes.
4. You blink less often when you read or stare at a computer screen, this makes your eyes to become easily tired.
5. Our eyes remain the same size from birth till death.
6. You blink more when you talk.
7. Generally we read about 25 times slower on a screen than on paper.
8. All human babies are color blind at birth.
9. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
10. Humans blink an average of 4.2 million times in a year.
11. The only tissue in the human body that does not contain any blood vessels is the Cornea.
12. Our eyelashes have an average lifespan of 5 months.
13. Human babies do not produce any tears until they are about 6 weeks old.
14. The human eye is made up of about 200 million working parts.
15. The cornea of the shark is very similar to the human cornea, which is why it is widely used in human eye surgery.
16. All blue-eyed people in the world share a common ancestry.
17. The Colossal Squid has the largest eye in the world, about 27cm across.
18. The condition in which your eyes have two different colors is called Heterochromia.
19. Our eyes are the second most complex organ in the body after the brain.
20. Owls cannot move their eye-balls -that is why they turn their heads distinctly almost all the way round.
21. The older we get, the less tear we produce.
22. Color blindness is more common in males than in females.
23. Only 1/6 of our eyes are exposed.
24. Every one of us have one eye that is slightly stronger than the other one.
25. You get running nose when you cry because the tears drain into your nasal passages.
26. Almost half of our brain is dedicated to vision and seeing only.
27. Up to 80% of our memories are determined by what we see with our eyes.
28. Our finger prints have 40 unique characteristics but our Iris has 256 unique characteristics. No wonder retina scans are being used for security purposes.
29. Human eyes can detect up to 10 million color hues but cannot see ultra violet or infra red light.
30. The human eyes see basically 3 colors, the rest are just combinations of these colors.
31. We focus on about 50 things every second with our eyes.
32. The eyes can contact Sexually Transmitted Diseases if infected areas come in contact with the eyes.
33. If you wear glasses that flip images upside down, your brain will automatically correct your vision.