3. Alcohol is considered a performance enhancing drug in professional shooting. This is because it can slow down the heart beat giving shooters an edge.
4. A very high percentage of East Asians (40%) lack the necessary enzymes to properly metabolise alcohol.
5. Intelligent people generally drink more alcohol.
6. In 2007 a 37-year old man in Glasgow, Scotland drank 60 pints of alcohol (about 35 litres) over a four day period, he had a hangover that lasted for the next 4 weeks. The longest hangover in recorded history.
7. About 25 - 30% of alcohol consumers are resistant to hangover symptoms.
8. During the infamous Prohibition perion, the United States Government poisoned alcohol killing up to 10,000 people across the country.
10. Blue-eyed people have a much higher alcohol tolerance level than other people. This means that they are much more likely to be drunks.
11. The poorest country in Europe is Moldova. It consumes more alcohol per capita than any other place in the world.
12. The late wrestler Andre the Giant (Andre Roussimoff) broke the world record for alcohol consumption. He drank about 73 litres (16 gallons) of alcohol in one sitting.
|Andre the Giant|
14. Pine Ridge, Nebraska has a total population of just 14 people and only 4 liquor stores. But in 2010 alone liquor sales totalled 4.9 million cans of bear.
Why? Find out yourself.
15. People who use their left limbs often drink more alcohol than people who use their right limbs.
16. Gilbert Paul Jordan was a serial killer in Canada who used alcohol to kill all of his victims.
|Gilbert Paul Jordan|
18. All fruits and most vegetables contain alcohol in them.
|Fruits and Vegetables|
20. The human body produces alcohol naturally.
21. Abnormal cravings for alcohol is called Dipsomania.
But it would take about 10,000 light years to get there!
24. Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty glass.
26. Women menstruating and women taking birth-control pill feel the effects of alcohol longer.
27. Auto-brewery Syndrome occurs when Candida Yeasts in the intestine produce so much alcohol that a person becomes drunk.