2. Brazil has the longest continous coastline in the world, about 7,491 km long.
3. Brazil is the fifth largest country by land mass in the world, it is the largest country in South America and the entire Latin America region. It is 8.45 million sq. Km.
4. It is the largest Portuguese-speaking (Lusophone) country in the world and the only Portuguese -speaking country in the Americas.
5. Over 60% of the Amazon, the worlds' largest river lies within Brazil.
8. About 3.5 million slaves actually survived the crossing from Africa to Brazil over a period of about 300 years (1500's to 1800's) and their descendants still live in Brasil till today.
9. Football was brought to Brazil (Sao Paolo) by a young Brazilian-born Englishman, Charles Miller around the turn of the 20th century.
10. Brazil has the second highest number of airports in the world, about 4,000. It is second only to the U.S.A.
11. Brazil has the fifth largest population in the world at over 200 million people.
12. Brasilia, the capital, looks like an aeroplane from above.
|Brasila, Aerial View|
14. More than 2 million people in Brazil are of Japanese descent.
15. Salvador, in Brazil, is the biggest African city outside of Africa. About 82% of it's 3 million strong population traces their ancestory back to the black slaves from Africa.
16. Brazil is the only country to have won the FIFA World cup five times and the only country to have qualified for every World Cup editions.
17. Brazil has the third largest road network in the world.
18. It also has the second largest christian population in the world.
19. The country is 100% energy dependent. It acheived this wonderful feat in 2006.
20. The Monumental Axis is the widest road in the world. It can hold 160 cars side-by-side.