2. He was a millionaire by the time he was 20 years.His full name is Willard Carol Smith, he was born September 25, 1968.
3. He started his career as MC of the Hip-Hop duo DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince, the group gained critical acclaim and won a Grammy for their song "Summertime".
4. Around 1988 and 1989 he underpaid on his taxes and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) took most of his possession and garnished his income. Will Smith became almost bankrupt as a result.
5. In 1990 he stared in the popular television series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air which ran on NBC for 6 years. This show drastically increased his popularity.
6. He met his first wife Sheree Fletcher on location while filming A Different World in 1991.
|Will Smith with Sheree Fletcher|
7. They divorced in 1995 and Fletcher was paid a lump sum of $900,000 divorce settlement plus $24,000 per month for alimony and child support.This is around $288,000 per year.
8. Will Smith was the first Hip-Hop artist to be nominated for an Academy Award.
9. He met his current wife Jada Pinkett Smith on set while she tried out the role of his girlfriend on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air(1990). But the role eventually went to Nia Long. He and Jada married in 1997.
10. Will Smith can speak Spanish fluently.
11. He loves using the phrase "Aw, hell no!" in all his movies.
12. He has been nominated for four Golden Globe Awards, two Academy Awards and he has won four Grammy Awards.
13. He earned an estimated $80 million between June 1,2007 and June 1,2008 putting him at the top of the Forbes list of HollyWood's Best Paid Actors.
14. He turned down the role of Neo in The Matrix(1999) choosing instead to take part in the movie Wild Wild West. A decision which he still regrets.
15. He played father and son with Jaden, one of his sons in the movie The Pursuit of Happyness(2006) and the science fiction movie After Earth(2013).
16. Although raised in a Baptist household, he no longer identifies himself as religious but he has expressed some positive interest in Scientology.
17. He has expressed his support for legalizing of same sex marriage.
18. He is 6'2" tall and has attained and maintained that height since he was 13 years.
19. According to Forbes, for each dollar he got paid, his movies averaged $10 of gross income. His estimated net worth is about $240 million.
20. He can solve the Rubik's Cube in under 55 seconds!
21. Will Smith wrote and performed the song "Just the Two of Us" for his first son, Trey Smith.
22. He has 3 children. Son, Willard Smith III(Trey Smith) born on November 11,1992 with Sheree Fletcher.Son, Jaden Christopher Smith born on July 8,1998 and daughter Willow Camille Smith born on October 31,2000 with Jada Pinkett Smith.
|Smith with children and current wife, Jada|